Location: Boston, Mass. & Cambridge, Mass.
Meet Host: Boston University & Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Date: Friday, February 9th & Saturday, February 10th, 2018
THE LEAD: Pearl Vercruysse (Chilmark, Mass.) and Chelsea Smith (Manchester, Conn.) of the Emmanuel College indoor track & field team traveled to Boston University on Friday, February 9th while the rest of the team traveled to MIT on Saturday, February 10th for the Kelly Invite to wrap up the regular season for the Saints.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Freshman duo of Smith and Vercruysse dropped their school records even lower as Smith finished the 200m race in 25.31, while Vercruysse completed the mile in a school record 5:03.58 at the Boston University David Hemery Valentine Invitational.
- On Saturday, Julie McConnell (Winthrop, Maine) recorded a new personal best in the 60 meter dash with an 8.98 time, finishing in 18th place on the day.
- Reilly Boyle (Wells, Maine) and Katherine Holmberg (No. Easton, Mass.) also recorded personal bests in the 800 meter race, finishing in 2:30.41 and 2:37.33 respectively.
- The women finished out the day with two top-ten finishes by Stephanie Forester (East Walpole, Mass.) and Meghan Mello (Raynham, Mass.) in the 1000 meter race, collecting fourth and eighth place finishes.
- For the men's team, Francisco Tavares (Boston, Mass.) closed out his collegiate indoor career with a first place finish in the 400 meter race, recording a time of 52.08.
- Freshman Nathaniel Dale (Franklin, Mass.) finished in sixth place in the 200 meter race and recorded a personal best in a seventh place finish in the 60 meter dash.
- Smith was able to finish the regular season holding ninth place in all of Division III with her 25.31 finish in the 200 meter race.
- Vercruysee currently ranks thirty-fourth nationally in the mile after this weekend's personal and school record race at the BU Hemery Valentine Invitational with a time of 5:03.58.
- The Saints will participate in the Division III New England's this Friday, February 16th in Springfield, Mass. at Springfield College.