Score: Mount Ida College, 66; Emmanuel College, 100
Records: Mount Ida Mustangs (8-5, 1-3 GNAC); Emmanuel College Saints (6-6, 2-1 GNAC)
Location: Boston, Mass. – Andy Yosinoff Court
Date: Thursday, January 11th, 2018
THE LEAD: The sophomore and junior guard duo of Yuleska Ramirez-Tejeda (South Boston, MA) and Madison McLaughlin (Westerly, RI) each record a double-double on the day combining for a total of 39 points leading the Saints past the Mount Ida Mustangs Thursday evening in Great Northeast Athletic Conference action on the Andy Yosinoff Court.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first half began with an open shot behind the arc for McLaughlin, on her way to a perfect night behind the arc.
- Emmanuel was able to put up 14 points before the Mustangs were able to make a mark in the point's column by Imani Bumpus (Dedham, MA).
- The Saints held Mount Ida to only 11 points in the first quarter, finishing at the buzzer up 30-11.
- McLaughlin and Ramirez-Tejeda owned the first part of the second quarter, with McLaughlin recording three assists over 80 seconds, finishing the half up 53-29.
- Mount Ida came out after the break with the hot hand scoring 26 points in the period, before the Saints press was able to contain the offensive serge led by Valerie Martin (Derry, NH).
- The defensive pressure of the Saints was able to contain the Mustangs to only 11 points in the final period of the game, finishing the game 100-66.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Ramirez-Tejeda led the Saints with a double-double, matching a career high 23 points and 15 rebounds, along with three assists.
- Martin and Bumpus combined for a total of 34 points, accounting for over half of the Mustang offense.
- McLaughlin also recorded a double-double on the evening, scoring 16 points and dishing out a team record 12 assists.
- The Saints out-rebounded the Mustangs 51-31, recording 17 offensive rebounds.
- Alisha Fox (National Park, NJ) and Kayla Weaver (West Haven, CT) each scored 14 points on the night.
- Caitlin Cipriano (Waterbury, CT) blocked four shots on the night, the most by a Saints since the 2012 season.
- The Mustangs have only one day off before hosting GNAC rival Norwich University on Saturday, January 13th at 1:00PM.
- Emmanuel will be back in action next Tuesday, January 16th at 7:30PM as they head on the road to Anna Maria College for a GNAC match-up.