Location: Middletown, Conn.
Meet Host: Wesleyan University
Date: Saturday, March 24th, 2018
THE LEAD: On Saturday, March 24th, the Emmanuel College outdoor track & field teams traveled to the Wesleyan University Invitational, where Pearl Vercruysse (Oak Bluffs, Mass.) broke the previous school record in the 1500 meter race, and placing second at the meet.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- First-year Vercruysse finished in second place in the 1500 meter with a finishing time of 5:00.46, breaking the previous school record.
- Sophomore Carolyn Richardson (Kenebunk, Maine) improved her long jump best to 4.67 meters as well as establishing her new best 400 meter time of 1:09.78.
- In the shot put, junior captain Cara Welsh (Shrewsbury, Mass.) finished in sixth place with a new personal best throw of 29'10".
- The men were led by senior captain Francisco Tavares (Boston, Mass.) as he finished in fourth place in the 100 meter with a time of 11.99 and sixth place finish in the 200 meter with a time of 24.11.
- Three other men recorded top eight finished, including first-year Jake Cavanaugh's (Redding, Conn.) third place finish in the 60 meter hurdles, sophomore Patrick Carty's (Sweden, Maine) sixth place in the 1500 meter race and senior captain Constantino Politis' (Weymouth, Mass.) seventh place finish in the weight throw.
- On Saturday, March 31st, the Saints will travel to Medford, Mass. for the Tufts Snowflake Classic at Tufts University.