Date: September 7, 2019
Location: Hamilton, Mass.
Meet Host: Endicott College
Men's Finish: 4th of 10 teams
Women's Finish: 4th of 7 teams
THE LEAD: The Emmanuel College Cross Country team posted a pair of fourth place finishes on Saturday afternoon at the Endicott Invitational. The men raced on an 8k course while the women competed on a 5k route.
- Fellow GNAC foe Regis College cruised to the team win on the women's side with the top three finishers including a first place finish by Magdalene Mann with a time of 19:43.
- Nichols best the men's field, also with the individual champion in Joseph Santese who was victorious with a time of 28:29.
- After a slower opening meet, senior Erik Brobst (Sweden, Mass.) was the first men's finisher in sixth place overall in 29:39.
- Junior Kyle Hajj (Methuen, Mass.) wasn't far behind with a ninth place finish, clocking in at 29:53 while Trevor Hajj (Methuen, Mass.) crossed the finish line just over a minute later at 30:54 for a 20th place finish.
- First year Jonathan Cortez (Worcester, Mass.) was the fourth Saint to cross the finish line, registering a 29th place finish with a time of 32:04 while junior Matthew Cronin (Coventry, R.I.) rounded out the Saints top-five with a 38th place finish in 32:40.
- Sophomore Hannah Fitzpatrick (Revere, Mass.) was EC's top female runner for the second straight meet, clocking in at 21:15 for an 8th place finish.
- Freshman Caitlin Cullen (Foxboro, Mass.) followed up her strong debut with a 12th place finish at 21:33 while fellow first year Molly Winship (Boxford, Mass.) placed 16th with a time of 21:42, just ahead of senior Jackie Schneider (Weymouth, Mass.) who was 21st overall at 22:30.
- Freshman Liz Cameron (Raynham, Maine) rounded out the EC top five with a 23rd place finish at 22:48.
- Junior Elizabeth Irwin (Westfield, Mass.) ran well placing 29th overall with a time of 23:12.
- The Saints are now idle until Saturday, September 21 when head to North Dartmouth, Mass. for the UMass Dartmouth Invitational.