Date: September 21, 2019
Location: North Dartmouth, Mass.
Meet Host: University of Massachusetts – Dartmouth
Men's Finish: 24th of 36 teams
Women's Finish: 26th of 37 teams
THE LEAD: The Emmanuel College Cross Country team raced in the 47th Annual UMass Dartmouth Invitational Saturday morning on the UMass Dartmouth campus. The men's squad finished the 8K race in 24th place while the women's group placed 26th in the 5K race.
- WPI collected 61 points to win the men's race while Holy Cross scored 83 points to post the victory in the women's race.
- Trinity (CT) senior Weyessa McAlister was the individual men's winner with a time of 24:46.
- Suffolk University senior Emily Mandra bested the women's field with a time of 17:51.
- Junior Kyle Hajj (Methuen, Mass.) was the first Saint to finish the course with a time of 28:00.68, while senior Erik Brobst (Sweden, Mass.) wasn't far behind with a time of 28:39.
- Junior Trevor Hajj (Methuen, Mass.) was the third Emmanuel finisher with a time of 28:52
- EC junior Matthew Cronin (Coventry, R.I.) clocked in at 31:55 while freshman Nick Eline (Southampton, Mass.) rounded out the men's top five with a time of 32:29
- First year Molly Winship (Boxford, Mass.) ran well with a time of 20:53, just ahead of sophomore Hannah Fitzpatrick (Revere, Mass.) who registered a time of 21:15.
- Freshman Caitlin Cullen (Foxboro, Mass.) and senior Jackie Schneider (Weymouth, Mass.) were just seconds apart with times of 22:07 and 22:10 while junior Elizabeth Irwin (Westfield, Mass.) was just off their pace with a time of 22:15.
- The Saints are now idle until Saturday, October 5 when head to Bethlehem, Pa. for the Short Paul Run hosted by Lehigh University.