Oct 23, 2018
THE LEAD: Emmanuel College's men's soccer team celebrated the lone senior, defender Travis Cole (Beckley, W.V.) before a non-conference loss against the Pine Manor Gators on Tuesday, October 23rd.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Gators scored early in the first, with freshman forward Elmer Pineda (Santa Rosa, CA) scoring off a cross from sophomore Andree Hernandez (San Antonio, TX), 1-0.
- EC was quick to strike back, with freshman Campbell Shealy (Lexington, SC) scoring, thanks to help from junior Nick Fierro (Katonah, NY) after the corner from freshman Robert Danielian (Watertown, MA), 1-1.
- Three minutes passed before another goal from the Gators, with a great pass from freshman Elmer Pineda (Santa Rosa, CA), setting up a goal from sophomore center midfielder Andree Hernandez (San Antonio, TX), 2-1.
- With 10 minutes remaining in the half, the Saints equalized the score at 2 a piece with an unassisted goal from freshman forward Robert Danielian (Watertown, MA), 2-2.
- The Gators took the lead back right, with senior forward Ellis Woods (Brockton, MA) scoring his first of the season, assisted by sophomore midfielder Chase Owen (Lebanon, TN), 3-2.
- Early in the second half, freshman Daniel Silvas (Hobbs, NM) drew a red card, however the Saints were unable to capitalize on the free kick.
- With 20 minutes left in the second, Gators were able to force an own goal and push the lead to two, 4-2.
- The Saints capitalized off on offensive push shortly after the Gators goal, with junior midfielder Nick Fierro (Katonah, NY) scoring his 3rd goal of the season assisted by freshman forward Kyle King (Gorham, ME), 4-3.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Emmanuel College had almost double the amount of fouls as Pine Manor, including four cards versus Pine Manor's three.
- The Gators were able to outscore the Saints despite only having one corner kick opportunity, and no free kicks compared to the Saints two.
- The Saints will be on the road Saturday, October 27th at 3PM for the quarterfinal round of Great Northeast Athletic Conference playoffs against Saint Joseph's College of Maine.
- The Gators will be back home on Thursday, October 25th at 3PM to face Eastern Nazarene College